The Building Division is responsible for enforcing building codes relative to new construction, additions, remodeling and interior renovation of residential, commercial, and industrial property; including processing building permit applications, reviewing plans, and conducting inspections. This division is also responsible for condemnation and demolition of unsafe structures.
Building Department Hours:
Open to the Public Monday - Thursday
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Available by Phone Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Phone No. (954) 924-6805
Zoning walk-in Hours 10:00 a.m. - 3:30 pm (Monday -Thursday)
Click Here to access Broward County's ePermits website
- Asbestos Certificate
- Transportation Concurrency & Environmental Review
- Notice of Commencement
Online Services Provided:
- Check Permit Status
- Pay Permit Fees
- Request Inspections
**Preferred browser Google Chrome to make permit payment
How to Apply for a Permit?
- Walk In during business hours 8:00 am – 3:30 pm (Monday through Thursday)
- Permit Dropbox located at the front door of City Hall (8 to 5, Monday to Friday)
- Building Division
- Special Permitting Office
- Phone No.: (954) 924-6800 x3797
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- website: mydaniabeach.com/esuites.permits/welcomepage.aspx - (Must login as Contractor or Resident to request inspection through website)
- Structural Inspections (954) 658-1831
- Mechanical Inspections (954) 496-0619
- Electrical Inspections (954) 658-1866 or (954) 658-1855
- Plumbing Inspections (954) 658-4986 or (954) 214-2164
- Zoning Inspections (954) 924-6805 x3657
- Landscape Inspections (954) 668-8244
- Fire Inspections (954) 831-8210
- Building Official (954) 924-6805 x3650
Forms & Applications
- APPLICATION - TEMPORARY OUTDOOR SEATING PERMIT
- Additional Submittal Form
- Broward County Retrofit Window and Door Schedule
- Building Permit Application
- Building Permit Checklist
- Change of Contractor Form
- Complete Retro Packet Fillable 2020 Pro
- Construction Cost Verification Form
- Contractor Registration Form
- Co Requirements
- Swale Detail
- Emergency Generator Requirements
- Electronic Plan Review Submittal Requirements
- Impact Fee Schedule
- Lot Coverage Information Form
- A/C Replacement Form
- Mobile Home Minimum Requirements
- New or Changes Address Form
- Owner / Builder Permit Affidavit
- Permit Fee Schedule
- Permit Information Request Form
- Permit Notice of Commencement
- Permit Revision Form
- Permit Special Inspector Form
- Permit Submittal Cover Sheet
- Pool Safety Information
- Request For Temporary 30-Day Electric Service
- Residential Swimming Pool, Spa and Hot Tub Safety Act Notice of Requirements
- Right of Way / Utility Permit Application
- Septic Tank to Sewer Conversion
- Special Event Permit Application
- Swale Affidavit
- Tree Removal General License Use Notice Form
- Tree Removal License Application
- Temporary Water Summary Form (TWSF)
- Water Sewer Summary Form
Fire Rescue & Emergency Services
- When do I need a building permit?
- As a contractor, what documents are required to register with the city?
- Can I apply for an Owner-Builder Permit?
- Do I need approval from my Homeowner’s Association (HOA)?
- Do I need to install smoke detectors in my existing house when doing an addition?
- Do I need a permit to replace/repair my fence with the same fence?
- Does my Building Permit expire?
- Does my permit application expire if not issued?
- How do I make changes to my permit while it is still under review?
- Do my plans need to be signed and sealed by an Architect/Engineer?
- How many copies are required?
- When do I need a tree permit?
- What documents do I need to obtain a permit for additions/renovations?
- Do I need a permit to do landscaping?
- Do I have to display my permit card?
- What is the purpose of the Notice of Commencement form?